- clean bathroom tips
- organize your closet
- how to fix a leaky faucet
- how to keep a clean kitchen
- removing stains from your carpet
- how to coupon
- what to do when you can’t pay your bills
- see if you’re paying too much for your cell phone bill
- how to save money
- How to Balance a Check Book
- How to do Your Own Taxes
- how to take care of yourself when you’re sick
- things to bring to a doctor’s appointment
- what to expect from your first gynecologist appointment
- how to make a doctor’s appointment
- how to pick a health insurance plan
- a list of stress relievers
- how to get free therapy
- what to do if you get pulled over by a cop
- a list of hotlines in a crisis
- things to keep in your car in case of an emergency
- no-more-ramen: easy, quick, simple recipes
- recipes that take 30 minutes or less
- Yummy apple thing
- Brownie in a cup
- Cookie in a cup
- French bread pizza
- Egg tacos
- panera mac n cheese recipe
- different salad recipes
- harry potter recipes
- healthy recipes
- various cookie recipes
- chocolate cupcakes w/ eggless cookie dough topping
- s’mores pie
- nutella hot chocolate
- peanut butter nutella swirl cookies
- cookie in a mug
- starbucks holiday drinks
- fruit leathers
- brownie in a mug
- how to make ramen 1000x better
- eggless cookie dough (not to bake, just to eat)
- make recipes using things you already have
- how to put together a very fancy cheese plate
- make different flavored lemonades
- various desert recipes
- make tiny chocolate chip cookies
- 20 dishes every cook should know
- learn how to make your own tea
- Macaroni and cheese in a mug
- Study snacks (2)
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipes
- what the hell is a mortgage?
- first apartment essentials checklist
- how to care for cacti and succulents
- the care and keeping of plants
- Getting an apartment
- time management
- create a resume
- find the right career
- how to pick a major
- how to interview for a job
- How to write cover letters
- ULTIMATE PACKING LIST
- Traveling for Cheap
- Travel Accessories
- The Best Way to Pack a Suitcase
- How To Read A Map
- How to Apply For A Passport
- How to Make A Travel Budget
What if colleges only made you pay the percentage of tuition that you failed, so if you got an average of 86 for the year you’d only have to pay 14% of the tuition, but if you got a 94 then it’d only be 6%. That…
When researchers at the University of Toronto and the University of Washington observed young people’s behavior in bars, they found that the man’s aggressiveness didn’t match his level of intoxication. There was no relationship.
Instead, men targeted women who were intoxicated.
s h o c k i n g
I don’t understand the logic that whoever is calmest in an argument is winning and that somehow anger invalidates your words. I mean I can argue that your great aunt’s name is Jihinksenbob for an hour straight and be perfectly fine. It’s very easy to be calm when the topic doesn’t affect you personally or you just don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.
[Image Description: Background is several triangles in a circle like a pie alternating from true red, scarlet and black. A robin is sitting on his perch looking to the right.
Top Text: “DINE AND DASH.”
Bottom Text: “OWNER FIRES YOU AND THREATENS TO MAKE YOU PAY FOR THE LOSS.”]
I worked at a little bar/comedy club in Alberta and this happened on my fourth shift. One of my tables just walked out without paying, leaving a bill of over two hundred dollars.
The owner was livid. Forced me to stay another half hour past my shift to yell at me until I was in tears. He forced me to leave, saying he was keeping my paycheck (which added up to barely a hundred dollars), as well as all my tips, and would demand I pay the rest out of pocket.
I was completely distraught. It was almost midnight, I called my mother, sobbing grossly, barely able to explain the situation, and she got angry on my behalf and gave me some much needed advice.
THIS IS ILLEGAL IN CANADA.
Unless you are the only person in the establishment with access to the cash register, you cannot be held responsible for shortage or loss of property. I still have to fight my (former) employer about this, but I am legally entitled to all of my pay. If he refuses still I can fill a complaint with m Provincial Labour Board and they will investigate it and get my wages, at no cost to me.
Know your rights, guys. Do your research. It saved this young, broke Robin a lot of money and stress.
hey guys I’ve got some ideas:
- instead of donning fat suits for a day, LISTEN TO AND BELIEVE FAT PEOPLE WHO DESCRIBE THEIR EXPERIENCES
- instead of pretending to be a woman on a dating site, LISTEN TO AND BELIEVE WOMEN WHO DESCRIBE THEIR EXPERIENCES
- instead of wearing a hijab for a day, LISTEN TO AND BELIEVE MUSLIM WOMEN WHO DESCRIBE THEIR EXPERIENCES
- instead of trying on being part of an oppressed group like it’s a costume, DON’T
Babies are strapped into airplane seats enroute to LAX during “Operation Babylift” with airlifted orphans from Vietnam to the US. April 12, 1975.
This looks dangerous as fuck 😒
ikr? I was thinking how they would not have been secure if the plane crashed only to find out that one of the planes in the operation did crash.
Most of the babies taken to the United States by “Operation Babylift” were not orphans in the first place; they were children from refugee camps who were fraudulently designated as orphans by American relief workers — most of them with religious affiliations — who believed they’d be “better off” being raised by white Americans.
Operation Reunite is an amazing nonprofit run by Babylift victims which seeks to use DNA testing to find and reconnect with their real families back home in Vietnam.
So basically look at this photo of kidnapped babies.
In researching birangona (survivors of rape and sexual assault during the 1971 Bangladeshi Liberation war) I stumbled onto stories about how pregnant mothers were coerced to either abort or give up their children for adoption (though some of the people on the doctor side claims that the women consented). Apparently Sheikh Mujib, the father of Bangladesh who tried to honour these women as war heroines themselves, thought that the children would be better off elsewhere since they had no known father and would be ostracised by their families.
The few kids they have managed to track down are reluctant to speak up or get back in contact with their families, feeling that nobody cares about them or their struggles. Common complaint from the mothers too: feeling like nobody cares about them no matter how many times they talk about their experiences.
I still wonder what happened to those kids and if they’re ok. A lot of them would be in their 40s now.
Wow Google, thank you for the stunning support! The effort you put into representing this cause is fantastic! Like, wow, this doesn’t even compare to what you did for the DW 50th!
The Google Doodle usually depicts holidays, fun anniversaries, and exciting events. More serious causes, like remembering 9/11, anti-abuse, and cancer awareness, are represented in a solemn manner with a ribbon at the bottom of the page. The ribbon is a more respectful way for Google to show support than plastering it on every page in the form of a novelty “doodle,” especially when it may be triggering to some Google users.
This is the Memorial to the Missing and contains over 50,000,000 pennies to represent the lives of each American child abandoned to abortion by a society and a culture that has embraced their destruction. We must prevent the need to add to this memorial. Take a stand. Get involved.
”How we treat the least of us defines us.”
"should I use this $500k to help struggling parents and pregnant people or should I put it in a glass box"
Did any one even bother to look it up
They donated it all to and I quote “Across our state there are Christian Crisis Pregnancy Centers and special needs related to women struggling with an unwanted pregnancy. The dollars produced from the endowment will all go to help with these needs.”
so yes they still help struggling pregnant people and parents.
Aren’t Christian Crisis Pregnancy Centres the ones that try to shame and manipulate women out of abortions, and provide no actual useful assistance for women struggling with financial and social problems that could be driving them to seek an abortion? And in some cases actually put up the false front of aiding women seeking abortions only to stall them until it’s too late? x x x x